Book Now at our Hostel Reception for this Tour, or email INFO@TASSOHOSTELFLORENCE.COM
ORIGINAL PRICE €115,00 , NOW AT OUR HOSTEL RECEPTION AT € 85 EACH PERSON (SAVE € 30)
Famous for its wealth of art, history, striking landscapes, delicious food and superb wines, Tuscany really does have it all! See the Best of Tuscany on this full-day guided coach trip from Florence!
8:30am – Departure from Florence
View Siena through the eyes of a local as you join a guided walking tour through the medieval city made up of yellow-ochre buildings, terracotta rooftops and green shutters. Learn about the world’s oldest bank, see Piazza del Campo, the site of the 600 year old Palio horserace, and admire the interior of the Duomo, a treasure chest of artworks. Afterwards, enjoy Siena at your own pace with free time for shopping or relaxing in an open air cafe.
A Tuscan lunch at a Chianti vineyard
Next visit an organic family run wine estate – the highlight of the day! Visit the farm, enjoy an informal wine tasting lesson and a traditional Tuscan lunch with plenty of wine, in the most gorgeous location overlooking stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Take the opportunity to meet fellow travellers while feasting on fresh organic farm food of homemade pasta, cured meats (homemade prosciutto and salami), local cheeses, a real garden salad and Tuscan biscotti.
After lunch we visit the enchanting hilltop town of San Gimignano where you have free time to roam the picturesque streets and squares, browse the local shops, try an award-winning gelato and walk among the town’s famous medieval towers.
Scenic country drive & Pisa
A scenic drive through classic Tuscan countryside will take you to your final stop, Pisa. Here, take a close inspection of the iconic Leaning Tower, the Cathedral and the Baptistery. A brief tour of the historic heart of Pisa will show you another side of the city
8:30pm – Back in Florence (in the winter we return at 7:30pm)
What the Tour Includes:
- A fun and professional guide who is there to lead you through the day
- Transport in a new air-conditioned coach
- Guided walking tour of Siena with local tour guide and entry fees of Siena’s Duomo included
- Free time to explore the town at your own pace
- Hearty farmhouse lunch served at an organic winery and farm
- Wine tasting of four wines including Chianti, Vernaccia and Tuscan dessert wine, Vin Santo
- Maps and information of all the towns visited
Things to Note:
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bus leaves from the Santa Maria Novella at 8:30 am
- Big Blue (Walkabout bus) will be parked infront of the Florence train station.
- Tour is only in English
- Due to uneven and steep surfaces, we are unable to accept anyone with walking difficulties or wheelchair users
- Children aged 8 years and under are not permitted to climb the leaning tower of Pisa.
- Vegetarians and gluten free can be catered for
- When the Duomo of Siena is closed for religious services, Santa Maria della Scala museum will be visited instead.
- Optimize your time: are you leaving Florence by train after the tour or do you need to get off at Pisa to catch a flight or a train from there? Come on the tour and bring your luggage with you!
- It is recommended to book any rail travel from Florence after 9pm to allow time for any traffic delays on your return journey.